The Wyatt Core Values of Respect, Enthusiasm, Achievement, Citizenship, and Hard Work (REACH) are the foundation of our school culture and will make it possible for us, Wyatt’s scholars, faculty, and community, to reach our rigorous goals.
Code of Conduct
I am a Wyatt Academy scholar.
I will respect myself, my teacher, my peers and my environment.
I am enthusiastic about improving myself.
I know my goals and I am focused on achieving them.
As a citizen of Wyatt, I take responsibility for my actions because I know that they affect others.
By working hard, I can achieve the impossible.
I am a Wyatt Academy scholar.
We are a learning community united by great teaching, high academic standards, and rigorous accountability in the tireless pursuit of success for our scholars, preparing them for high school, college and beyond.
Wyatt Academy FACULTY AND STAFF agrees to the following:
- We will show our REACH values in everything that we do.
- We will make sure that classes are interesting and engaging so that all of our scholars master the objectives.
- We believe that all scholars can learn at a high level and be successful academically, socially, and emotionally.
- We will hold all of our scholars to high expectations.
- We will make sure that the school is safe so that scholars can focus on learning.
- We will not tolerate bullying. If we see a scholar being bullied, we will make sure that it stops.
- We will makes sure that scholars have the support they need to be successful.
- We will make sure to teach our scholars how to behave in school.
- We agree to provide frequent feedback to scholars and families about progress towards their academic and behavioral goals on a regular basis.
- We will communicate frequently and clearly with families about school events.
- We will communicate frequently and clearly with families about academic and behavioral concerns.
- We will always be open to feedback from our community – Our doors are always open.
- We will make sure that families have an opportunity to volunteer and support the school in a variety of ways.
- We will make sure that time is never wasted and that we are using our time and resources productively.
- We will always reach for higher levels of performance. We will not be satisfied with the status quo.
- We agree to respond to family requests within a 24 hour period.
Wyatt Academy SCHOLARS agree to the following:
- I will show my REACH values in everything that I do.
- I will be on time and ready to learn every day.
- I will complete all assignments, and ask for help when I need it.
- I will follow the Wyatt Academy Code of Conduct. I understand and will accept consequences when I break them.
- I understand that Wyatt does not tolerate bullying or “putdowns.”
- I agree to do my best to master the objectives in all of my classes.
- I will maintain great attendance and when I miss school, I will make up my work.
- I agree to be a positive participant during Wyatt Academy activities, on and off campus.
- I will always follow the Wyatt Academy dress code.
- I will go to summer school and stay after school if I need extra help.
- I will participate in movement and be sure to bring healthy food to school. I will leave candy and junk food at home.
- I will complete my homework every night.
Wyatt Academy FAMILIES agree to the following:
- We agree to show our REACH values at school and with our scholars.
- We agree to communicate our questions and concerns with Wyatt Academy staff.
- We agree to do everything we can to make sure that our scholars are at school every day and on time.
- We agree to support our scholars in their school work and will always encourage them to do their best.
- We will support our scholars in their homework by assuring its completion every day.
- We agree to support Wyatt’s no tolerance policy towards bullying.
- We agree to support our scholar’s participation in academic intervention if necessary. This may include tutoring before or after school, lunch help, summer school, or Saturday school.
- We understand that in order for our scholar to advance to the next grade level, they must meet the Wyatt Academy academic expectations.
- We agree to hold our scholars accountable to the Wyatt Academy Code of Conduct.
- We agree to attend all meetings scheduled by the Wyatt staff.
- We agree to serve as role models in our school community.
- We agree to support the school by keeping our contact information up to date.
- We agree to send our scholars to school with only healthy lunches and snacks.